Sold Out Event
Missed it? Browse live shows now!Find Events
Jeff Wayne's The War of The Worlds: The Immersive Experience
You've heard it, you've seen it... now survive it!
Travel back to H.G. Wells' Victorian England and be part of the martian invasion of 1898...
See Tom Brittney, Anna-Marie Wayne, and Carrie Hope Fletcher up close in virtual reality.
Jeff Wayne’s The War of The Worlds: The Immersive Experience combines Jeff’s Musical Version, immersive theatre, virtual reality, augmented reality, holograms and other cutting-edge technology; giving audiences the chance to live through the Martian invasion of 1898.
Visitors will be thrust into the heart of the story from the moment they step inside the vast 22,000-square foot multi-level site in Central London, which is being transformed for this unique Martian adventure.
- Access Information
This immersive experience includes multiple effects which may include total darkness, uneven surfaces, air blasts, strobe lighting, latex, narrow tunnels, sudden loud noises, live actors, fog, scent, a slide and tight spaces, which require you to bend down while walking or crawling.
When combined these effects immerse guests in the experience which is intended to be impactful. Some participants may suffer from a loss of balance, headaches, locomotor system pain, dizziness, problems caused by jets of air, fog effects or scents, and in some cases, epilepsy-like symptoms, during or after the experience.
For your own safety, the experience may not be suitable for:
- Persons who suffer from high blood pressure, heart conditions, asthma, back or neck conditions, epilepsy, or any type of medical condition affecting the senses of smell, vision, or hearing
- Persons who are of a nervous disposition.
- The elderly
- Persons with disabilities
- Persons who are blind or visually impaired
- Persons with sensitivities to scent, loud noises, or flashing lights
- Pregnant women
- Persons suffering from breathing or respiratory problems, such as allergies or scent sensitivities
- Persons prone to motion sickness
A guest with a disability is entitled to a single free carer ticket. To qualify for this free carer ticket you must apply by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and provide one of the following forms of documentation both in advance and when you arrive for your immersive experience:
- A certified NHS Letter from your doctor or consultant clearly stating why you are eligible for this policy (Dated within the last 12 months).
- A letter from a professional body (e.g. Nurse, Bupa Healthcare Advisor) clearly stating why you are eligible for this policy (Dated within the last 12 months).
- A DLA, DWP or PIP letter stating you are entitled to lower or higher rate mobility allowance – no other letters will be accepted (Dated within the last 12 months).
- Please note Blue Badges will NOT be accepted for a carer wristband.
The experience is not fully wheelchair accessible but we will be holding regular wheelchair accessible events. Again please email email@example.com to register your interest for one of these accessible events.
- Cancellation Policy
No refunds or exchanges available after purchase
Your experience will last for 110 minutes which includes a 20 minute intermission in the Red Weed Bar. Complete your experience by enjoying a drink and food in our steampunk themed bar at the end of your journey.
You will be in a group with up to 12 people. Each group has a dedicated time slot and you must arrive 15 minutes before your start time. We are sad to say that we will not be able to accommodate you if you do not arrive on time.
- Suitable For Children
The experience is suitable for anyone aged 12 and over. It is not suitable for sufferers of motion sickness, dizziness, psychological or neurological disorders.
- Where Do I Go
The Hallmark Building
52-56 Leadenhall Street